What is Lactobacillus plantarum?
Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus plantarum is a kind of lactic acid bacteria, the optimum growth temperature is 30~35°C, anaerobic or facultative anaerobic, the strain is straight or curved rod-shaped, single, paired or chained, the most suitable The suitable pH is about 6.5, which belongs to homofermentative lactic acid bacteria. Lactobacillus plantarum produces various antibacterial substances such as organic acids, bacteriocins, hydrogen peroxide and diacetyl, and promotes nutrient absorption and other functions, which can improve the balance of intestinal microbial flora and enhance the body's immunity.
Adding plant lactic acid bacteria to the diet can improve the daily growth quality and daily feed intake of weaned piglets, and at the same time can improve the feed conversion rate. Lv Lijun and others fed piglets with Lactobacillus plantarum, and the daily weight gain was 19.63% higher than that of the control group. The research conclusion is that adding 0.25% and 0.5% Lactobacillus plantarum can significantly increase the average daily weight of weaned piglets and reduce the feed-to-weight ratio. The reason may be that Lactobacillus plantarum can secrete digestive enzymes, small peptides and vitamins. Improve feed utilization. The average daily growth quality of weaned piglets fed Lactobacillus plantarum increased by 25.46%, and the feed meat of the experimental group decreased by 11.8% compared with the control group. Experimental studies have shown that when 1% Lactobacillus plantarum is added, the average daily weight gain of broilers is significantly higher than that of the control group, and the feed-to-weight ratio is significantly lower than that of the control group, so Lactobacillus plantarum can effectively improve the performance of broiler chickens.
Eight functions of Lactobacillus plantarum:
1. Purify water quality: Especially in the middle and late stages of breeding, there are too many organic matter, black water, old water, strong tea water, rust water and other water quality aging ponds.
2. Decompose the organic matter at the bottom of the pond, deodorize, eliminate algae toxins, and create a good habitat.
3. Degrade ammonia nitrogen, nitrite and other harmful substances in the water body, reduce organic oxygen consumption, increase oxygen indirectly, and improve water quality.
4. Maintain the balance of the bath phase and bacteria phase, and reduce the pH value of the stable water body.
5. Promote the healthy development of suckling pigs and young chicks, prevent diseases such as yellow, pullor, and diarrhea, enhance piglets' ability to resist weaning stress, significantly reduce mortality, and promote the recovery of weak and stiff piglets to normal growth.
6. Enhance the immunity and anti-stress ability of livestock and poultry, reduce the amount of antibiotics, and reduce the antibiotic residues in livestock and poultry products such as meat, eggs, and milk.
7. Improve the imbalance of gastrointestinal flora after antibiotic treatment, and quickly restore gastrointestinal motility.
8. Improve the beneficial bacteria flora in the soil, further decompose the organic matter in the soil, and increase soil fertility.
The Lactobacillus plantarum feed additive not only has the stability of the bacteria, but also has a long survival time of the bacteria, and the auxiliary materials used have certain adhesion and adsorption properties, which can make the bacteria and the auxiliary materials better bonded together. At the same time, Its auxiliary additives have a certain acidity. After feeding the animals, it can not only provide rich nutrients, but also its acidic substances can keep the pH value in the stomach relatively constant, and continue to achieve the effect of acidification after entering the small intestine.
Adding Lactobacillus plantarum preparations to the diet, the serum urea nitrogen BUN of weaned piglets decreased. Serum BUN is the final product of protein decomposition, which can reflect the metabolism and utilization of amino acids. The decrease in serum BUN is due to the increase in protein utilization, indicating that Lactobacillus plantarum It can improve the utilization of amino acids in piglets and increase the deposition of protein, thereby affecting the growth performance of piglets. Lactobacillus plantarum is conducive to improving the utilization of protein and amino acids in piglets, because Lactobacillus plantarum is conducive to the balanced absorption of amino acids in the diet, so that the composition and needs of various amino acids entering the body are consistent, and it is more conducive to the synthesis of animal organisms. protein.