Use Povidone-iodine skillfully to double the breeding efficiency
Povidone iodine is widely used in aquaculture and is an antibacterial and antiviral drug that can be used both externally and internally. But what about povidone-iodine? What are the usage tips and precautions? The following is a detailed introduction to you.
Povidone-iodine has the following properties
1. The concentration specified by the national standard has no toxic and side effects on the fish body . Povidone-iodine is a low-toxicity disinfectant for fish. Use in accordance with the requirements of the national standard, no toxic side effects or allergic symptoms are found or found;
2. No resistant strains are produced. After the test, in the medium containing PVP-I, seven strains including Escherichia coli were continuously cultivated for 20 generations, and their minimum inhibitory concentration, minimum bactericidal concentration and bactericidal time remained unchanged.
3. Not easy to be polluted . Povidone-iodine aqueous solution does not need to be sterilized, as long as it has the color of iodine, it means that it contains iodine and has a bactericidal effect;
4. No mutagenic and teratogenic effects. Povidone-iodine will not cause genetic material mutation in biological cells and embryonic developmental disorders;
5. No irritation. In a suitable concentration range, povidone-iodine is not irritating to fish body and mucous membrane, and has a long-lasting effect and a longer retention time on the body surface. In addition, povidone-iodine aids in the healing of mechanical damage to fish skin. Povidone-iodine can be used for the disinfection of aquaculture water bodies and aquaculture equipment; it can be used to prevent hemorrhage, rotten gills, boils, rotten skin and other bacterial infections caused by Vibrio, Aeromonas hydrophila, Edwardsiella and other bacteria in aquaculture animals. disease.
How to use povidone iodine for aquatic products
1. Povidone-iodine powder for aquatic products
Add water to dilute it to dissolve completely and stir it evenly, then sprinkle it in the whole pool, use 0.0075g of povidone-iodine powder per cubic meter of water (calculated as available iodine), which is equivalent to 100g of specification per cubic meter of water;
Povidone-iodine 20g, 0.375g of povidone-iodine powder for aquatic products based on 2g of available iodine, equivalent to 250g per mu of water depth, or 100g per cubic meter of water;
Povidone-iodine 50g, 0.15g of povidone-iodine powder for aquatic products based on 5g of available iodine, equivalent to 100g per mu of water depth of 1 meter.
For feeding with mixed bait, use 1g per 100kg of feed, which is equivalent to 100g of specification;
Povidone-iodine 20g, 2g of povidone-iodine powder for aquatic products based on available iodine 50g, or 100g of specification;
Povidone-iodine 50g, 20g of povidone-iodine powder for aquatic products based on 5g of available iodine.
2.Povidone-iodine solution for aquatic products
When using, dilute this product 300~500 times with water, and sprinkle it evenly in the whole pool.
treat. One dose of povidone-iodine solution for aquatic products per cubic meter of water is 4.5~7.5mg (calculated as available iodine), once every other day, 2~3 times in a row.
That is, it is equivalent to 4.5~7.5mL of 1% povidone-iodine solution for aquatic products per cubic meter water (equivalent to 3000~5000mL per mu of water depth of 1 meter);
2.25~3.75mL of 2% povidone-iodine solution for aquatic products per cubic meter of water (equivalent to 1500~2500mL per mu of water depth of 1m);
Use 0.9~1.5mL of 5% povidone-iodine solution for aquatic products per cubic meter of water (equivalent to 600~1000mL per mu of water depth of 1 meter);
Use 0.6~1.0mL of 7.5% povidone-iodine solution for aquatic products per cubic meter of water (equivalent to 400~667mL per mu of water depth of 1 meter);
0.45~0.75mL of 10% povidone-iodine solution for aquatic products is used per cubic meter of water (equivalent to 300~500mL per mu of water depth of 1 meter).
prevention. Once every seven days, the dose is the same as the treatment amount.
Povidone iodine use technology and precautions
1. Temperature. Temperature has a great influence on the stability of povidone-iodine solution, and it is generally chosen to be sprinkled in the evening or early morning to prevent the loss caused by the sublimation and volatilization of iodine during the preparation process.
2. pH value. Povidone-iodine solution is very unstable in alkaline environment, and the amount of available iodine decreases gradually with the increase of solution pH. In order to increase the stability of the povidone-iodine solution and improve the bactericidal effect, it should be ensured that the pH of the povidone-iodine solution is below 7 (3.0 to 6.5 in the Pharmacopoeia). Can not be mixed with strong alkaline substances.
3. Organic matter. Organic matter can reduce the bactericidal effect of povidone-iodine. If the aquaculture water contains high organic matter, its bactericidal effect will be reduced.
4. Taboo. It is forbidden to use povidone-iodine when the water is hypoxic, and povidone-iodine should be used with caution in cold-water fish.