The use of lincomycin hydrochloride in veterinary clinics
Lincomycin hydrochloride is a lincosamide antibacterial agent, which is a narrow-spectrum antibacterial drug. Its role in the clinical treatment of livestock and poultry is similar to that of tylosin, and it is mainly used for the treatment of gram-positive bacteria, mycoplasma and anaerobic infections. It has a good therapeutic effect on Gram-positive bacteria (including Staphylococcus aureus and pneumococcus, etc.); especially, when the cheap anti-anaerobic bacteria nitroimidazoles are banned, lincomycin hydrochloride is a clinical antidote for livestock and poultry. Anaerobic bacteria have highly effective drugs.
Lincomycin hydrochloride is commonly used in the following aspects in veterinary clinics.
1. Treatment of airsacculitis and mycoplasma infection. Lincomycin has obvious anti-inflammatory effect, and can dissolve cellulose. When used in conjunction with other drugs, it can enhance the distribution of drugs in the respiratory system and joint cavity, improve the antibacterial effect of other drugs, and improve the cure rate.
2, the treatment of chicken necrotizing enteritis. Lincomycin has a good curative effect on intestinal bleeding, swelling, shedding of intestinal mucosa and carrot filamentous stool caused by Gram-positive bacteria.
3, the treatment of salpingitis. The effect of lincomycin on reproductive system inflammation is very obvious. Commonly used to treat inflammation of the fallopian tubes and uterus. Reduce blood-spotted eggs, thin-shelled eggs, and sharp-preserved eggs.
1. When the sow suffers from mastitis or uterine inflammation, if the piglets and piglets have yellow and white diarrhea, the use of lincomycin can effectively cut off the yellow and white diarrhea caused by the mastitis and metritis caused by streptococcus. Simultaneous medication for piglets, oral enrofloxacin or neomycin sulfate, can achieve the effect of treating both the symptoms and the symptoms.
2. Lincomycin hydrochloride can also be used to prevent and reduce inflammation after the sows give birth. Use for 2 to 3 days. The effect of medication is more lasting and obvious than that of penicillin.
3. When the cause of fever in pigs is temporarily unclear, lincomycin hydrochloride soluble powder and Shuanghuanglian oral liquid can be used for feeding, drinking, mixing or intramuscular injection to sick pigs. to a more pronounced therapeutic effect.
4. Lincomycin hydrochloride is used to treat swine cough. When it is not known what pathogen is causing the cough in pigs, it can be treated with lincomycin hydrochloride soluble powder. If you still have asthma symptoms, you can add some antipyretic and analgesic drugs to the lincomycin hydrochloride preparation, and the therapeutic effect is better.
5. When the pig is castrated or injured, using lincomycin hydrochloride can effectively control the wound infection caused by trauma and castration. If it is combined with gentamicin sulfate injection, the effect will be better.
6. Lincomycin hydrochloride can be used to treat mycoplasma swine asthma, and also has a good therapeutic effect on Haemophilus parasuis disease.
7. Compatibility of lincomycin hydrochloride and spectinomycin hydrochloride: if the piglets are purchased from outside, or the nursery pigs are transferred to the group, this prescription is added to the feed as a health care formula, which can effectively prevent and treat respiratory and intestinal infectious diseases .
As a commonly used drug in pig farms, lincomycin mainly targets Gram-positive bacteria (Streptococcus, Staphylococcus), and is also effective against some Gram-negative bacteria (preventing Escherichia coli, Treponema, Mycoplasma). If the pig farms use penicillin, cephalosporins, florfenicol, tilmicosin, and long-acting oxytetracycline to treat swine disease resistance and have no therapeutic effect, then the treatment with lincomycin continues to be effective.
Lincomycin is widely used and is also very effective against some anaerobic bacteria. How can lincomycin be used correctly in the treatment of diseases in pig farms, so as to achieve twice the result with half the effort? Share the magical effect of lincomycin in the treatment of pig diseases.
First, the treatment of sow metritis flushing solution compatibility
Washing solution compatibility: 1000 ml of normal saline + 10 ml of lincomycin injection + 10 units of oxytocin + 2 grams of amikacin, why use lincomycin? Because there are many anaerobic bacteria involved in intrauterine infection, when aerobic bacteria first multiply and exhaust oxygen in the uterus, anaerobic bacteria become the main pathogen. Once anaerobic bacteria are formed, treatment is extremely difficult. Lincomycin can prevent the course of the disease. Moving in this direction will also have an effect on G+.
Advantages of drug compatibility: Lincomycin is effective against Gram-positive bacteria and has a blocking effect on the proliferation of anaerobic bacteria. Amikacin is effective against Gram-negative bacteria, and the two have synergistic effects. According to the method of insemination Squeeze it into the uterus of the sow, let it stand after the infusion, let the saline mixed with the pus flow out, and then pull out the vas deferens.
2. Prevention and treatment of flatulence caused by Clostridium welchii suis
1. Obvious treatment of flatulence: between the penultimate and third ribs on the left side of the sick pig, use a long needle to puncture and deflate in a position parallel to the back, and inject 10% lincomycin in the deflated position after the pig's stomach is small. (0.1 ml per kg body weight) and 10% amikacin (0.1 ml per kg body weight), metronidazole and sodium bicarbonate intravenously.
2. Treatment of sick pigs with mild flatulence and restless getting up and down, individual use: intravenous drip of metronidazole and sodium bicarbonate, intramuscular injection of lincomycin (0.1 ml per kilogram of body weight) and amikacin (0.1 per kilogram of body weight) milliliters), 1-2 times a day, add prebiotics and multivitamins to the feed, and feed sick pigs about 50% full. The group used the Daguan-lincomycin and metronidazole mixture for 7 days.
3. Treatment of swine asthma and intractable cough and panting due to high fever
1. Prevention and treatment of swine asthma: In the past, oxytetracycline, kanamycin, tylosin, etc. were used for clinical treatment, but the treatment was not complete, and it was easy to relapse after drug withdrawal. Lincomycin in the treatment of swine asthma has the advantages of high efficacy, small side effects, low toxicity and rapid absorption of lesions. 50 mg of lincomycin per kilogram of body weight for a 5-day course of treatment of swine asthma can achieve good therapeutic effects.
Lincomycin hydrochloride-spectinomycin sulfate compound premix (each 100 grams of premix contains 22 grams of lincomycin hydrochloride and spectinomycin sulfate) can effectively control the mixed infection of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae and Escherichia coli. The occurrence and development can significantly reduce the mortality rate caused by the mixed infection of the two pathogens. It is recommended that for clinical application, the premix should be added at 1.0 kg per ton of feed for 7 to 10 days.
2. Treatment of high fever and intractable cough and asthma: mixed intramuscular injection of kanamycin (0.5 g) + glutathione (2 mg) + aminopyrine (2 ml), which is the dosage for 50 kg pigs. Repeated, combined with lincomycin (0.6 g) at the same time, it is not easy to repeat, but there are still some incomplete treatment, ampicillin (10,000 units/kg), used for 2 days.
Fourth, the prevention and treatment of swine dysentery, the recurrence rate is low
Lincomycin has a good effect in the treatment of swine dysentery. Lincomycin hydrochloride is administered intramuscularly at 15-20 mg per kilogram of body weight to pigs infected with dysentery. The recurrence rate is low, and the curative effect is better than that of dysentery. It is simple and convenient. Shigellajing is generally administered twice a day, and 3 to 5 days are administered as a course of treatment.
It is recommended to use lincomycin hydrochloride to prevent and treat swine dysentery, which can be added to the feed at concentrations of 55ppm and 110ppm, respectively. Clinical symptoms can be eliminated after 3 to 5 days of medication, and Treponema pallidum in the intestinal gland fossa can be completely killed after 3 courses of medication. After stopping the medication, no recurrence was observed for 3 months.
Five, sow postpartum anti-inflammatory
Usually after our sows give birth, lincomycin can also be used to prevent and reduce inflammation. Once a day for 2-3 days. The effect of this drug is also more lasting and obvious than the effect of penicillin and streptomycin. The effect is better if Yimu Biochemical Powder is used in combination with the sow mix. Sow postpartum metritis and mastitis caused by anaerobic bacteria can also be treated by intravenous drip: lincomycin + metronidazole. (Source: Li Min, Swine Disease Pass)