Advantages of 25-hydroxyvitamin D 3 in laying hens
25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 was successfully researched and developed by American scientists in the 1980s. It is a new nutritional additive approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use in poultry feed.On February 1, 2014, China listed 25-hydroxyvitamin D3inthe "Catalogue of Feed Additives (2013)" (Ministry of Agriculture Announcement No. 2045), which can be used as a feed additive and belongs to the vitamin category.So as a new feed additive, what are the advantages of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3inlaying hens?
1.The important physiological function of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3is to regulate the normal metabolism of Ca and P in the body, maintain the level of blood calcium and phosphorus in animals, maintain the normal growth and development of bones, and prevent calcium deficiency such as rickets, rickets, etc.25-Hydroxy D3is used in laying hens to promote bone development and maximize bone density in laying hens.During the brooding period of laying hens, it can effectively prevent paralyzed chickens and reduce the mortality rate of chicks by 1-3%; during the brooding period, it can effectively prevent skeletal dysplasia, and avoid prolapse of the anus, pecking of the anus, and first laying eggs due to skeletal dysplasia (short tibia) during the laying period. Chicken paralysis-sudden death syndrome, etc.; reduce osteoporosis and fatigue of caged laying hens during the prolific period, improve egg production rate, and prolong egg production cycle. In a complete egg production cycle, each hen should produce at least 1- 6 eggs; Effectively prevent deformed eggs, thin-shelled eggs and eggshell damage and poor egg color in the later stage of egg laying, improve eggshell quality, and reduce eggshell damage rate by 2%; Significantly improve broken legs and broken wings caused by calcium deficiency It has a maintenance effect on the body weight of eliminated chickens.
2. It is easier to absorb than D3. It can be directly absorbed from the intestinal tract (small intestinal epithelial cell stroma) into the blood circulation. Compared with D3,the absorption is less affected by intestinal damage, and it is more effective to increase the 25-hydroxyl in the blood. D3levels, and plasma levels of 25-hydroxyD3are indicators of vitamin D3 nutritional status, but the same effect cannot be achieved by increasing dietary vitaminD3levels.This is the functional value and unique advantage of the 25-hydroxy D3contained in the sea energy multivitamin .
3. The absorption method is different from fat-soluble vitamins (A, D3, E, K3), and the utilization rate is higher; 25-hydroxy D3is used for direct feeding, bypassing liver transformation and shortening themetabolic process of D3in the body , speed up the absorption of calcium, more effectively provide the traditional function of D3andits own unique function.It is not affected by liver dysfunction, avoids liver dysfunction or liver damage caused by chick liver hypoplasia, enterotoxins, drugs and mycotoxins, which affects the absorption and transformation of vitamin D3, thereby reducing 25-hydroxy D3anabolism.
4. 25-Hydroxy D3mainlyregulates cellular immunity, but also has a strong regulatory effect on humoral immunity and antibody secretion.Through the regulation of the immune system, improve the function of the immune system, greatly enhance the resistance to disease, in order to achieve the purpose of improving growth indicators and production performance.
5. Due to the thick feathers on the body surface of laying hens, the transformation ability of VD obtained by light is poor. In addition, the light intensity of closed chicken houses is limited. Under stress conditions such as rapid growth or intestinal diseases, VD cannot be transformed by itself. , and to obtain enough hydroxy D3to support their bone growth and production needs, itis especially necessary to add biologically active 25-hydroxy D3 to laying hens' diets.
6. Improve the egg production rate, reduce the egg breaking rate, and reduce the feed-to-egg ratio.Since 25-hydroxy D3is more activethan VD3, and its content in serum is 3.1 times that of VD3 , the cumulative absorption effect in the intestinal tract is also greatly improved.Therefore, direct supplementation with 25-hydroxy D3can increase egg production rate and prolong egg production duration.In particular, increasing the hardness of eggshells and reducing the rate of broken eggs has a significant effect.
7. High temperature in summer can easily cause heat stress in chickens, which has a great adverse effect on chicken growth rate, egg production rate, feed conversion rate and death rate.The reason why heat stress affects the quality of eggshells (thinning and brittle eggshells) is that the activities of carbonatase and vitamin D in the uterus of laying hens decrease, and the blood calcium of laying hens decreases.Production tests have proved that in a hot environment, supplementary feeding of 25-hydroxy D3can see better feeding effects, especially in the reduction of dead panning rate, the effect is very obvious.
8. When the calcium and phosphorus in the feed are unbalanced, supplementation of 25-hydroxy D3canimprove the absorption of calcium and phosphorus.In the hot summer, the phytase added to the feed is easy to fail due to high temperature, resulting in insufficient available phosphorus and imbalance of calcium and phosphorus.In the case of calcium and phosphorus imbalance, the addition of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3is more meaningful.
9. Effects on eggshell quality: 25-Hydroxy D3participates in the whole process of calcium and phosphorus metabolism in the body, is a regulator of calcium and phosphorus absorption and bone tissue calcium and phosphorus metabolism, and is also necessary for the transformation of calcium and phosphorus in eggshell glands.25-Hydroxy D3is taken up into the body and directly converted into the active metabolite 1α,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3in the kidneys , which induces the synthesis of calcium phosphate-binding protein (CaBP) in the duodenal mucosa and eggshell glands , to promote the absorption and deposition of Ca in the eggshell, thereby improving eggshell hardness and reducing deformed eggs, thin-shelled eggs and eggshell damage.